At Cheek Dental, we are very familiar with the Lumineers® brand of porcelain veneers. This brand, made by the DenMat Corporation, is widely marketed as ultra-thin veneers that can be placed in two visits without preparation of your natural teeth. But how do Lumineers compare with other brands of porcelain veneers?
Lumineers vs Other Brands
- Ultrathin – There are other brands of porcelain veneers that are just as thin as Lumineers. Master dental ceramists are even able to layer porcelain and handcraft ultra-thin veneers.
- Custom created – Lumineers are required by the manufacturer to be created in the large Lumineers laboratory. Using other brands frees us to use our own master ceramist, and we feel that produces a better, more customized look for you.
- Prep or no-prep? – Although Lumineers don’t require preparation of your natural teeth, neither do other brands of ultra-thin veneers. Also, at times preparing your teeth can produce better results. Veneers are placed over the front of your natural teeth, so minimal preparation of your teeth can help them fit correctly at your gumline and prevent your teeth from looking bulky.
- Number of visits required – Lumineers can be placed in two visits, but so can other brands. But fast turnaround doesn’t always produce the best results. Dr. Cheek, Dr. Chandler, or Dr. Brice will ensure your smile design accurately reflects your preferences and goals. You’ll have time to wear a temporary model of your veneers before your porcelain veneers are made. Instead of rushing through the smile makeover process, she works closely with you to provide the exact the smile you want.
- Aesthetics – Many cosmetic dentists agree that the DenMat laboratory falls short of providing veneers that create aesthetically pleasing smiles. Lumineers often make teeth look bulky and pasty. And they aren’t customized to complement each patient’s facial features and personality. Other brands of porcelain veneers can accurately mimic the color, translucency, and characteristics of natural teeth.
A Beautiful Smile Guarantee
Dr. Cheek, Dr. Chandler, and Dr. Brice have advanced training in cosmetic dentistry. They regularly participate in continuing education and dental study clubs to understand the latest materials, tools, and techniques required to give you a beautiful smile.
Our dentists get amazing results, partly because we work with a master ceramist who crafts natural-looking porcelain veneers that fit precisely and enhance your smile and facial appearance. Before your porcelain veneers are made, you’ll be able to see a model of them, wear temporary veneers, and request changes along the way. And before the porcelain veneers are bonded to your teeth, we will place them on with a try-in paste so you can confirm that you love your new smile.
Your smile makeover from our dentists includes a beautiful smile guarantee. You’ll receive a natural-looking smile that you will absolutely love. The before-and-after photos below are just one example of Dr. Cheek’s artistry in transforming smiles. She used porcelain veneers to remove spaces between her patient’s teeth, and to even and whiten them for an attractive, more youthful smile.
If you’re interested in porcelain veneers, or if you have questions about Lumineers, request a ten-minute complimentary consultation. Call us or request an appointment online.