Implant overdentures minimize many of the concerns people have about dentures. They will improve the function, look, and feel of your dentures and help you smile with confidence.
What Are Implant Overdentures?
Implant overdentures are dentures that are supported by dental implants. Implant fixtures are surgically implanted in your jawbone. After the implants fuse with your jawbone, your dentures will be secured to them. Your dentures will be stable.
What Are the Benefits?
Implant overdentures can improve the quality of your life in several ways:
- They are stable and relieve common anxieties about dentures slipping around or falling out.
- It’s easier to eat and speak with them.
- They are anchored and will feel more like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants stimulate jawbone and help preserve it. Otherwise, when all of your teeth are missing, your body resorbs the bone.
- Preservation of jawbone helps prevent facial sagging.
- The work can be completed in phases. You can receive new dentures first and later receive dental implants to support them.
High-Quality Implant Overdentures Will Last
Implant overdentures can be a lifetime solution for stabilizing your dentures and preventing bone shrinkage. But be cautious about searching for a bargain. If shortcuts are taken or cheap fixtures are used to save money, serious mistakes can occur. Incorrectly placed implants can result in serious issues including:
- Loose implants that need to be replaced
Any money you initially saved can be lost in the time and expense required to remove and replace faulty implants.
Dr. Cheek works closely with specialists who perform implant surgery. Either a periodontist or an oral surgeon will thoroughly review your medical and dental history to ensure you’re a candidate for this treatment and to ensure proper planning and precise implant placement. Dr. Cheek will provide you with high-quality cosmetic dentures that look natural. After the implants fuse with your bone, the dentures will be secured to them.
If you’re interested in knowing if you’re a candidate for implant overdentures, contact our office to schedule a complimentary consultation. Call us or complete our Request an Appointment form.