A radiant smile makes a lasting impression. Teeth whitening from Cheek Dental in East Cobb is a fast, safe, and effective way to brighten and rejuvenate your smile.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening from a Dentist
There are plenty of online and over-the-counter products for whitening your teeth at home. So why would you choose to have your teeth whitened by one of our dentists?
- Individualized care – What’s best for someone else’s teeth might not be best for yours. Before whitening your teeth, one of our dentists will examine them to determine the cause of the stains. In some cases, bleaching gel will make stains more noticeable. Drs. Cheek or Chandler will anticipate the results of teeth whitening and decide if alternative cosmetic treatment will give you the best results.
- Limitations of over-the-counter and online products – Whitening toothpaste can be abrasive. If it helps at all, only surface stains will be removed. Whitening strips are ¼ to ½ the strength of the professional bleaching gel our dentists use. And it’s often difficult to assess the safety, contents, and effectiveness of online products.
- Predictable results – Our dentists use professional-strength gel that will penetrate your teeth and break down deeply embedded stains. The gel is so effective that your teeth will be whiter than their natural pigmentation. You’ll receive comfortable treatment and long-lasting results.
The before-and-after photos below show how teeth whitening can dramatically brighten your smile.
What are your options?
Dr. Cheek and Dr. Chandler offer in-office and take-home teeth whitening.
Zoom® in-office whitening will give you a brilliant smile in a single visit. You’ll sit in a comfortable dental chair for two or three 20-minute sessions as a powerful bleaching gel is applied to your teeth. In a little over an hour, your teeth will sparkle and be several shades lighter than when you arrived at our office. Visit our Zoom whitening page to learn more about this process.
We will take impressions of your mouth to make custom bleaching trays. The trays keep whitening gel away from your gums and sealed against your teeth for deep penetration. It’s easy.
- Each night, you’ll place a small amount of gel in the trays.
- Wear the trays for the amount of time specified.
- After two weeks, your smile will sparkle.
- You can continue treatment if you want your teeth even brighter.
Opalescence Go will brighten your smile. While it’s convenient and inexpensive, it’s not as effective as Zoom, Boost, and traditional Opalescence whitening because it contains a lower concentration of bleaching gel. Instead of customized trays, you’ll receive a set of ten disposable prefilled trays.
- Each day, you’ll place a set of trays on your teeth.
- Suck down or swallow to loosen the outer tray from the inner tray.
- Remove the outer tray and swallow again to tighten the inner tray.
- Keep the trays on for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the trays, throw them away, and brush your teeth.
- Continue the next day with the next set of trays.
During the ten-day treatment, you’ll notice your teeth getting brighter. If you want an even whiter smile, you can repeat the treatment with another set of trays.
Interested in Brightening Your Smile?
If you’re interested in reviving your smile with teeth whitening, call us or request an appointment online.