Zoom!® whitening is a popular fast path to a brighter smile. In one visit—in just about an hour—this in-office teeth whitening treatment will rejuvenate your smile and make it sparkle. But in East Cobb, Dr. Cheek and Dr. Chandler prefer an alternative that whitens your teeth just as quickly and brilliantly, but without some uncomfortable side effects that result from Zoom.
An Effective Alternative to Zoom Whitening
The Zoom in-office whitening system deeply and rapidly penetrates your teeth and breaks down stubborn stains. But treatment includes shining a light on your teeth to increase the effectiveness of the bleaching gel. Like other cosmetic dentists, Dr. Cheek and Dr. Chandler find that the process makes your teeth dry and more sensitive than usual. They prefer Opalescence® Boost, which is chemically activated without the use of a light. It will get your teeth equally as white—if not whiter than Zoom—but without sensitivity and dryness.
How Does It Work?
- Before you receive treatment, your teeth and gums will be examined to ensure they are healthy, identify the cause of the stains in them, and determine if you’re a candidate for whitening.
- We will take impressions of your teeth so you can receive custom trays for at-home touch-ups.
- We will retract your cheeks and coat your gums with a protective gel.
- After we apply a small amount of Boost bleaching gel to each tooth, we will wait 20 minutes as it penetrates them and breaks down deeply embedded stains. Unlike Zoom whitening, no special light is needed.
- The gel will be rinsed off, and we’ll repeat the process once or twice to thoroughly remove embedded stains.
- Your smile will sparkle!
- After two weeks the color of your teeth will stabilize. If you want them even whiter, you can return to our office for another treatment.
- We’ll explain how to do periodic touch-ups at home to keep your smile bright.
Interested in a Sparkling Smile?
Dr. Cheek and Dr. Chandler are cosmetic dentists who understand the causes of stains in your teeth and how whitening or other cosmetic treatment will affect them. If you’re interested in a safe and effective way to quickly brighten your smile, without the dryness and sensitivity of Zoom, either dentist will examine your teeth and let you know if teeth whitening is right for you.
Call us to schedule an appointment, or complete our Request an Appointment form.