If you’re looking for a pediatric dentist in East Cobb, Dr. Cristi Cheek and Dr. Kristina Chandler at Cheek Dental are general dentists who love treating children. Your entire family can receive high-quality dental care in one location.
What Is a Pediatric Dentist?
Each of our dentists received training in pediatric dentistry in dental school, including rotations in the pediatric dentistry clinic. This has equipped them to care for your child’s basic dental needs. Pediatric dentists are specialists who have gone on to complete an additional two years of post-graduate training. If your child has unusual needs that would require the attention of a specialist, we won’t hesitate to refer your child to a pediatric dentist. Meanwhile, for most families, you can feel comfortable bringing the entire family to Cheek Dental.
Why Families Prefer Our Dentists
Many families prefer Cheek Dental over a pediatric dental office for several reasons:
- Our family dentists build relationships and establish trust with the entire family.
- It saves time. All family members can receive dental care at a single location.
- We offer a variety of services to serve every member of your family, including basic fillings and extractions as well as diagnosis and treatment of oral and facial sketetal growth issues.
- Cosmetic treatment is also available, including orthodontic treatment with Invisalign.
- Our doctors are trained to recognize issues that can contribute to sleep disorders and ADHD.
Prepare Your Child for a Visit
Our practice is kid friendly, and we make their visits fun. But while your child is very young, there are some things you can do at home to prepare him or her for a dental visit.
- Let your child watch as you floss and brush your own teeth.
- Promote good oral hygiene by cleaning your child’s first tooth with a soft cloth. Progress to brushing as teeth erupt and develop. Floss between molar teeth.
- Talk to your child about your own dental appointments and explain that you need to visit a dentist to ensure your teeth are healthy and clean.
- Bring your child with you to an appointment so he or she can see you have a positive experience at the dentist.
How We Provide Positive Experiences for Children
We consistently provide positive experiences for children so they grow to enjoy dental visits.
- We pay close attention to your child’s verbal or non-verbal cues that reflect anxiety, discomfort, or pain.
- We communicate with you and your child throughout treatment about what’s happening and why.
- If your child is uncomfortable, we won’t pressure or force him or her to receive dental treatment.
Visit Our Kid-Friendly Office
We’ve created a comfortable office environment with kids in mind. There are many things children love about our office, including:
- Stuffed animals
- Flavored toothpaste and fluoride
- A treasure box of prizes to choose from at the end of the appointment
Call us to schedule an appointment for an exam for your child, or request an appointment online.
“My 8-year-old son chipped one of his front teeth, and his regular pediatric dentist sent us to Dr. Chandler to have it fixed. Dr. Chandler and all the staff were so friendly. They talked my son and me through every part of the procedure. The tooth looks amazing! You would never know he chipped it. – Lisa C.”