Invisalign invisible braces are a faster, more precise, and clear alternative to metal braces. In East Cobb, Cheek Dental offers Invisalign to straighten your teeth without anyone noticing.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a brand of removable braces. Instead of metal braces, a series of clear custom aligners made of medical-grade plastic are used to gently and precisely move your teeth to the right position.
When Are They Used?
Invisalign can correct a variety of issues with your teeth, including:
- Open bite
The Invisalign Process
- Dr. Cheek or Dr. Chandler will examine your teeth, take pictures and impressions of them, and take 3-D images that will be used to make the aligners.
- They will develop a treatment plan to precisely move your teeth.
- You’ll be able to see a digital model of how your teeth will progress during treatment.
- We will send the pictures, impressions, and model to the Invisalign laboratory to make your custom aligners.
- When you return to our office for the aligners, the doctor will put the first set on your teeth and check them for fit.
- You will wear each set of aligners for a full two weeks before you switch to a new set.
- Every six to eight weeks, you will return to our office for a progress check and any needed adjustments.
What to Expect
When you first put the aligners on, they will feel uncomfortable, but that’s because they are molded in the new position for your teeth. After a few days, as your teeth move, the aligners will feel like they fit correctly. Wear them for the entire two weeks so your teeth can adjust to the new position. Your treatment ends when you’ve worn all of the aligners and Dr. Cheek or Dr. Chandler confirms that the best results have been achieved.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
- Invisalign is much more comfortable. The aligners don’t have brackets or wires that irritate your cheeks or gums.
- They move your teeth more precisely than traditional braces.
- You will have fewer checkup visits.
- You will take the aligners off when you eat and floss and brush your teeth, so it will be easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Treatment time is faster—half the time of metal braces.
- From a conversational distance, people won’t notice them.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
If you want to beautifully align your teeth with invisible braces, request an appointment. If you just have questions, wondering if you are a candidate, you can schedule a ten-minute complimentary consultation. If you’re ready to move forward, schedule an exam. Call us or request an appointment online.